We take the privacy and security of our visitors very seriously.
- Who Are We?
- Why Do We Collect and Use Your Personal Information?
- What is Our Lawful Basis for Handling Your Personal Information?
- What Happens if I Do Not Provide My Personal Information?
- Who Will We Share Your Personal Information With?
- Disclosure of Personal Data
- How Long Will We Store Your Personal Information?
- What Are Your Rights in Relation to Your Personal Information?
- How Can I Exercise My Rights in Relation to My Personal Information?
- How Do I Lodge a Complaint About the Use of My Personal Information?
Who Are We?
We are Wheelie Good Finance a trading name of Leadtree Global Limited and can be contacted on the below contact details:
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 0330 053 2354
- Address: Old Generator House, Unit 3, Bourne Valley Road, Poole, BH12 1DZ
Why Do We Collect and Use Your Personal Information?
We will collect and use the personal data you disclose to us for the purposes described in Our Terms. These purposes include:
- to assist us in processing your enquiries and obtaining the services which you require;
- to help us identify you and any accounts that you hold with us;
- undertaking credit checks;
- research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- customer profiling and analysing your preferences;
- marketing (providing you have opted-in) [for further information see ‘Marketing and opting-in’ below];
- fraud prevention and detection;
- billing and order fulfilment;
- customising our website and its content to your particular preferences;
- to notify you of any changes to our website or to our services which may affect you;
- security vetting; and
- improving our services
We will send our marketing communications to you by email. It is to be noted that you can object to your personal information being used by us to send you marketing information. Each marketing email will also include an unsubscribe link to enable you to opt-out of receiving future marketing communications.
What is Our Lawful Basis for Handling Your Personal Information?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we must have a lawful basis to legally handle your personal information. The lawful basis that we rely upon are as follows:
1. Contract – to take steps, at your request, to enter into a contract to fulfil your order and to perform our obligation under the contract (i.e. to deliver your order);
2. Legal obligation – to share personal information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies if required to do so by law;
3. Legitimate interests – to use your personal information to send you marketing communications about similar products/services in the future, to share your personal information with third party professional service providers that we engage and to share your personal information with our successor(s) in the event of a merger or acquisition.
What Happens if I Do Not Provide My Personal Information?
We need your personal information in order to assist us in processing your enquiries and obtaining the services which you require. If we do not collect your personal information, we will not be able to provide our services to you.
Who Will We Share Your Personal Information With?
We will share your personal information with:
- JBR Capital - https://jbrcapital.com/customer-policies/privacy-policy/
- Automoney – https://www.automoneymotorfinance.co.uk/privacy-policy/
- Big Golden Pineapple - https://www.biggoldenpineapple.com/privacy-policy/
- Billing Finance – https://billingfinance.co.uk/fair-processing-notice/
- Moneybarn No1 Ltd - https://www.moneybarn.com/privacy-policy/
- Auto Convert (Blue Owl Network Ltd) - www.autoconvert.co.uk/privacy-policy/
- Marsh Finance - www.marshfinance.com/privacy/
- Oodle - www.oodlecarfinance.com/privacy-notice
- Blue - https://bluemotorfinance.co.uk/CustomerPrivacyNotice
We may share your personal information with law enforcement agencies, fraud prevention agencies and regulatory bodies such as the FCA and HMRC when required to do so by law and Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs).
We may engage the services of professional advisers such as compliance consultants, lawyers and accountants who may be given access to your personal information in order to provide their services to us. We will ensure that your personal information is protected by obtaining a written undertaking of confidentiality from the professional service providers.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We may disclose personal data which you provide to us to:
- Our agents and service providers (e.g. providers of web hosting, maintenance services or potential funders);
- Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity;
- Our business partners in accordance with the ‘Marketing and opting out’ section above, specifically being:
- Our group companies (as defined in the Companies Act 2006);
- Finance companies with whom we deal for the purposes of providing our services to you;
- Insurance companies with whom we deal for the purposes of providing our services to you and to verify information provided to us by you; and
- other third parties with whom we deal with in the course of providing our services to you; and
- Any regulators within whose jurisdiction we operate within from time to time.
How Long Will We Store Your Personal Information?
We will store your personal information for up to six years from ceasing to be our client. This is to enable us to refer to our records in the unlikely event that you want to lodge a complaint against us within six years.
If you do not exercise your right to object to marketing or unsubscribe to our marketing emails, we will store your personal information for marketing purposes until you exercise your right to object or unsubscribe.
What Are Your Rights in Relation to Your Personal Information?
Right to Access
You have the right to request copies of the personal information we hold about you at any time.
Right to Rectification
You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
Right to Erasure
You have the right to request that we delete your personal information from our records.
Please note that we will not be able to delete your personal information whilst we are still providing our services to you. We will be able to delete your personal information once you cancel the service or once the service is completed.
Right to Restrict Processing
You have the right to request that we restrict how we use your personal information.
Right to Object
You have the right to object to the collection and use of your personal information at any time.
Right to Data Portability
You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information in a legible and compatible format such as Excel or Word.
Right to Withdraw Consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent for us to use your personal information at any time.
How Can I Exercise My Rights in Relation to My Personal Information?
You can exercise all of your rights by contacting us on any of the above contact details.
How Do I Lodge a Complaint About the Use of My Personal Information?
You can lodge a complaint with us directly by contacting us on one of the above contact details.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO are the regulator who makes sure that we use your personal information in a lawful way.
You can lodge a complaint with the ICO by following this link https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or calling the ICO on 0303 123 1113.